Heidelberg - Part 2

August 17, 2021

My journey started around 9 am and I set off to Philosophenweg, which is a huge park on a mountain. I walked through a beautiful neighborhood to get there.








There are tons of different paths that you can go on once you're at the park, one of which leads to a tower to get an even higher view of the city. 







10/10 would recommend the hike for the views, 0/10 would recommend wearing sandals and jeans while doing so. The scenery is definitely worth it, iPhone camera quality is just not cuttin it. After the watch tower, I headed down the mountain a different way to see the historic bridge and walked around for a while until I put my next destination into Google Maps.








My next destination, however, was back up the same mountain I had just come down. So I trekked back up. If Heidelberg Thingstätte is on your itinerary, make sure you keep google maps pulled up the whole time. It kept getting confused about where I was and telling me I was on the wrong path. When in doubt, stay on the path you're on, don't go off-roading. I'm surprised my shoes are still intact. 







Then I headed back home, ate lunch, and tried to nap. Maxime and I decided to have pancakes for dinner! 

Here are some key takeaways from the hike:

✨Birkenstocks are extremely durable shoes. Yet although they survived my somewhat muddy mountain hike, I wouldn't recommend them for this.

✨Don't wear jeans. Wear anything but jeans.

✨Alone time is amazing! I was on my own in the woods for about 2 hours today.

✨Don't forget water. Rookie mistake.


Views on the way home!!



Evangelische Friedenskirche






August 18-19, 2021


I walked around Heidelberg for a couple hours and really enjoyed walking through a different part of the city. Maxime sent me a link to a google maps route that went all over! I loved being in the country and seeing all of the farmland. I picked flowers throughout my walk and gave the small bouquet to Maxime at the end!

St. Vitus Church












am i a vsco girl yet?




Neckar River



August 20, 2021

Maxime and I climbed to the Schloss Heidelberg with a couple friends, but before that we made a quick stop for ice cream (chocolate sorbet for me!) on the shopping street called Hauptstraße.




Then we got some takeout Indian food and sat by the river. My last full day in Heidelberg...for now. Big shoutout and thank you to Maxime for being the best hostess and friend :)

Comments

  1. What a beautiful area! I love the amazing views from high up!
    💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good lessons learned. :) When you were out walking in the country did you see any eligible young German men with water rights? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nah, all the farmers were too old and didn't have water rights. not qualified.

      Delete
  3. Didn't I tell you to pack more leggings than jeans?? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Athens, Greece!!!

Warsaw, Poland!!